Hi everyone and welcome back! It’s been a really long time since I did a wrap-up post, but so much went on in May that it seemed like a great time to re-start!
I honestly can’t believe how quickly this month went by… it seems only yesterday that it was full on winter and now summer is already nearly here. I personally love the warm weather, so I’m only too happy about it!
Of course the biggest May news is that this blog received a massive revamp and moved here on WordPress from Blogger. When I started Book for Thought all the way back in 2014, I did it with no real knowledge or understanding of how blogs worked – and it showed. Now, while I’m still learning every day, I certainly have a much better grasp of what I want and need for my tiny corner of the internet, and it had become really obvious that I had outgrown Blogger. I’m really pleased with how the move went so far, and I look forward to many more years here on WordPress!
And now, on to the books!
What I added to my shelves…
May was a great month for books, though my (already massive) TBR pile is less than pleased and glaring at me from the corner. Or at least, it would if TBRs could glare…
Thanks to all the publishers and NetGalley for the digital review copies! Link in title takes you to Goodreads.
- A Bookshop in Algiers by Kaouther Adimi – released in May 2021
- Build Your House Around My Body by Violet Kupersmith – out in July 2021
- Catwalk by Nicole Gabor – through Reedsy Discovery, scheduled to launch in June 2021
- A Master of Djinn by P. Djèlí Clark – out in August 2021
- The Crimson Witch (Gorgon #1) by John North – through Reedsy Discovery, scheduled to launch June 2021
- How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie – out in July 2021
- A Prophecy of Wings by Jane McGarry – through Reedsy Discovery, launched 27th May 2021
- After the Silence by Louise O’Neill – out in June 2021
- Among Thieves by M.J. Kuhn – out in September 2021
- Wendy, Darling by A.C. Wise – out in June 2021
- The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid – out in June 2021
- Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Pérez – my library hold finally came in for this book. I’ve been hearing so many good things about it and I’m really excited to finally dive in. Fairly sure I’ll get pretty mad though…
What I read…
Reading-wise, May was good but not great. Link in title takes you to my full review.
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas
- A Prophecy of Wings by Jane McGarry
- Catch the Rabbit by Lana Bastašić
- A Bookshop in Algiers by Kaouther Adimi – review to come!
- Catwalk by Nicole Gabor – review to come!
What I’m reading…
Currently reading Invisible Women before it’s due back at the library. I’m finding it very informative and so interesting so far, even though I am getting increasingly more frustrated with society with every page I read.
I’m also close to finishing For the Wolf by Hannah Whitten, which releases this week. I’m getting definite Uprooted vibes from this: there’s a creepy wood, a tall, dark and brooding hero and a headstrong, independent heroine. So far, everything’s lining up for this to be one of my favourites this year, but we’ll see when I reach the end!
That’s it from me for this month! I’m linking in with Stacking the Shelves a cool meme hosted by Reading Reality which is all about the books we’re adding to our shelves, whether physical or virtual.
5 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2021”
Great job in reading! Happy June!
Thank you! Same to you 🙂
You have so many cool new books in!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Really looking forward to having some uninterrupted reading time this month
Congrats on the move to WordPress. I did the same years ago and never regretted it.
LikeLiked by 1 person